Join DD Performance Company
Program Currently on Hold due to Covid-19
What is DD Company?
DD Company provides performance, leadership, and outreach for students looking for additional dance and performance opportunities. Company is a training program that cultivates dance technique and leadership skills. It is our goal to not only teach our members the importance of knowledge and execution of dance technique, but hold them accountable in teamwork and leadership activities. This is for students who exemplify dedication and commitment to dance, performance, and outreach.
Do you have to audition to be a part of DD Company?
Yes, you must audition to be a part of DD Company. Auditions are currently held in August and September. Within company, you will audition for certain choreographer’s dance pieces, in a variety of genres that will be performed at local events, recitals and potentially competitions. Those who audition, but do not meet the DD Company’s current needs and requirements will be invited to participate in various “Step It Up” workshops throughout the season. This will give these students the chance to grow their skill and performance ability.
How old do you need to be to join company?
Company is for Ages 5 and Up
What days are practices and how long are they?
This is subject to what pieces they make in company. Our goal is for this opportunity to be professional and fun, thus not demanding excessive time requirements from families.
Do DD Company members participate Spring Showcase performances?
Yes, Company members are expected to participate in both our Spring Showcase.
How much does it cost?
Cost is currently $250 for the year. Additional opportunities such as conventions, workshops, field trips, and costume and potential competition that require vendor fees are optional and separate. For financial assistance, please see the Fundraising section below.
Does DD Company compete? Is it required?
We may participate in 1 competition. However, competition is not required for company members nor is it our focus. We are creating pieces to be used for many different artistic performances, and while this may include competitions, only the pieces that we want to be judged by our peers will be sent to competition. In the development of performance and confidence competitions are not always the best platform.
Company members will be expected to help fundraise. The more we fundraise, the more we can keep company costs down. Our parent committee is in charge of facilitating new or profitable fundraising ideas to alleviate company costs. If you would like to be a part of the parent fund raising team please let us know!!
Parents are expected to ensure proper attire for their dancers.
- DD Company Members: Must take a minimum of 2-3 hours of dance per week, with a minimum of one hour of ballet.
- Company members may audition outside of company for performance opportunities, however, they may not be a member of another dance company, with the exception of school based clubs or dance teams. However, if any opportunities conflict with the requirements of our Company, members may be restricted, suspended or dismissed.
- Members must show up on time and properly dressed for their regular classes.
- Members must participate in our Annual Holiday Parade and Spring and all Company related performances
- Both students and parents must act as a support to the Daliana Dance family. If at any point behavior in the studio or outside conflicts with our standards of leadership and conduct, members may be restricted, suspended or dismissed.
- Members are expected to participate in Leadership and Outreach events throughout the semester. More details to come.
If you would like to audition for Daliana Dance Team or DD Performance Company please visit calendar below, find August Audition date and click to register!!
This Calendar consists of “Special Events” such as Workshops, Intensives, Parades, Performances as well as our monthly Adult, Teen, Youth and Family socials. You can register for all events simply by clicking on the desired “Event” on said date. Please be sure to register for any Event you plan on attending so that you can receive emails specific to attendees!!
Still don’t see what you are looking for…we would LOVE to Help!! Call 336-508-4417
To participate or find out more about Upcoming Events in 2019-2020 with Daliana Dance, click on the date of the “Event” in the calendar above and register!